Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Google+ or Facebook

Hello, is anyone out there on Google+?  I mean does anyone really use it?  I tried it a while ago and just got bored with it and shut it down.  Now, I just started trying it again to see if it changed any.  Is it just me, or does it just seem since the world has Facebook, we don't need (or want) another networking site?  I don't foresee myself quitting Facebook in the near term, so then Google+ just seems to be redundant.  If there is nothing better about Google+ over Facebook, it will just be a chore  to update.  Why bother?   What can it do different than Facebook?  I admit I like the look and feel of Google+, but it just doesn't seem to have the right "something".

Google+ just doesn't seem to have the critical mass yet to make it compelling to use.  Frankly, unless they can get enough people there, I am afraid it will die on the vine.  I doubt it will go away completely, but just hang there dead.  I am totally in favor of competition and having options.  However, the options need to make sense.  I suspect it is all about the money.  I guess they see it like the original Coke vs Pepsi.  They are very similar, and the world was big enough to support both.

I don't know do you go through your friends list from Facebook to see who is on Google+?  Or do you try to meet new friends there.  I don't know what I am going to do with it.  I would like your thoughts.  Are you a + user?  How are you using it?  Do you use it just like Facebook or are you trying something different there?

No comments:

Post a Comment